1. Home
  2. Legislation
  3. How do I contact the Minister for Agriculture to ask for improvements in animal welfare?

How do I contact the Minister for Agriculture to ask for improvements in animal welfare?

Most farm animal welfare issues are the responsibility of State and Territory governments. If you are concerned about the way animals are reared, transported or slaughtered for food or fibre and you would like to see a change in government regulation and an improvement in animal welfare, one of the best ways to do something about it is to write to the Federal Minister for Agriculture or to your State/Territory Minister responsible for farm animal welfare.

Federal Minister for Agriculture

The Hon David Littleproud MP
Minister for Agriculture

PO Box 6022
House of Representatives
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: (02) 6277 7190

Email: Minister.Littleproud@agriculture.gov.au

ACTThe Hon Chris Steel MLA
Minister for City Services

ACT Legislative Assembly
GPO Box 1020
Canberra ACT 2601

Phone: (02) 6205 1470
Fax: (02) 6205 0006

NSWThe Hon Dugald Saunders MP
Minister for Agriculture

Parliament of New South Wales
GPO Box 5341
Sydney NSW 2001

Phone: (02) 8574 5260

NTThe Hon Nicole Manison MLA
Minister for Agribusiness and Aquaculture

Legislative Assembly of the Northern Territory
Parliament House
GPO Box 3146
Darwin NT 0801

Phone: (08) 8936 5547

QLDHon Mark Furner MP
Minister for Agricultural Industry Development and Fisheries

GPO Box 46
Brisbane QLD 4001

Phone: (07) 3719 7420

SAThe Hon David Basham MP
Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development

GPO Box 1671
Adelaide SA 5001

Phone: (08) 8226 2931

TASThe Hon Guy Barnett
Minister for Primary Industries and Water

Parliament House
Hobart TAS 7000

Phone: (03) 6165 7678

VICThe Hon Mary-Anne Thomas MP
Minister for Agriculture and Regional Development

Level 36, 121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Phone: (03) 8392 2261

WAThe Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC
Minister for Agriculture and Food

Level 11 Dumas House
2 Havelock Street
West Perth WA 6005

Phone: (08) 6552 6200
Fax: (08) 6552 6201


Also Read

Updated on May 29, 2020
  • Home
  • Legislation

Was this article helpful?