|The RSPCA believes that farm animals should be consigned directly to their destination rather than indirectly through saleyards or other collection points.
|Farm animals must be slaughtered as close as possible to the point of production to minimise stress caused by the transportation process.
|Farm animals subjected to painful husbandry procedures must not be transported until wounds are sufficiently healed.
|Farm animals must not be left in stationary transport vehicles overnight or during other extended periods.
|Farm animals transported in multi-deck vehicles should not be exposed to soiling from animals on the levels above.
- Policy B – Farm animals
- Policy G1 – Humane killing
- Position paper B1 – Welfare of bobby calves destined for slaughter
- Position paper B5 – Managing the welfare of farm animals during drought – on farm, during transport, at saleyards and at slaughtering establishments
- Position Paper B6 – Welfare of farm animals at saleyards
- Position Paper G3 – Welfare of animals at abattoirs and knackeries