←Go back to RSPCA

RSPCA Australia knowledgebase

RSPCA Australia Knowledgebase

Search:     Advanced search

Who do I contact if I need to change my contact details with my pet's microchip registry database?

Article ID: 67
Last updated: 28 Aug, 2012
Revision: 2
Views: 145323

The easiest way to change your contact details is to search http://www.petaddress.com.au/ using your pet’s microchip number.  Petaddress will redirect you to the database that lists your pet’s microchip number so that you may contact them directly.  Some registries provide Change of Address forms on their websites. 

If you cannot find your pet’s registry by searching on petaddress please contact your vet or microchip implanter to find out which database your pet is listed in.If you are in NSW and cannot find your pet's registry on petaddress try contacting the NSW registry -the NSW Companion Animal Registry.

Currently there are 5 private microchip registries and 1 NSW State government registry:

  1. Australasian Animal Registry
  2. Central Animal Records
  3. Petsafe
  4. Pet Register
  5. HomeSafeID
  6. and the NSW State government registry - the NSW Companion Animal Registry

This website provides general information which must not be relied upon or regarded as a substitute for specific professional advice, including veterinary advice. We make no warranties that the website is accurate or suitable for a person's unique circumstances and provide the website on the basis that all persons accessing the website responsibly assess the relevance and accuracy of its content.
Also read
document How can I help my cat adjust to a new home?
document Is microchipping mandatory for cats and dogs?
document Why is it important to ensure my pet is microchipped?

Prev   Next
Microchipping     House and garden dangers