1. Home
  2. Wild Animals
  3. Injured Wildlife
  4. Who should I contact about injured wildlife?

Who should I contact about injured wildlife?

If you find a sick or injured wild animal, contact your nearest veterinarian or wildlife carer organisation as soon as possible so that it may receive appropriate treatment.  Wild animals become stressed by handling, so you should seek expert advice before handling an injured animal. Try to minimise the amount of exposure the injured animal has to people and loud noises. Do not attempt to feed or treat it unless you have specialist knowledge or training.

Contact details for injured wildlife are:


Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales

Northern Territory


South Australia



Western Australia

Alternatively, to find an Australian wildlife rescue volunteer near you, visit the Australian Fauna Care Network at www.fauna.org.au

Updated on May 1, 2019
  • Home
  • Wild Animals
  • Injured Wildlife

Was this article helpful?