RSPCA Australia mission
To prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
RSPCA Australia purpose
To make animals’ lives better.
RSPCA Australia vision
All animals have a good life.
RSPCA Australia values
COMPASSION: We believe a kind approach benefits all.
COURAGE: We do what is right for animals over what is easy to do.
INTEGRITY: We earn the trust upon which our work depends.
KNOWLEDGE: We make informed decisions.
TENACITY: We never give up.
RSPCA Australia principles
- We consistently align our actions with our purpose and vision.
- With animals’ welfare at the forefront of our thinking, we act in their best interests – no matter how challenging.
- We are transparent, explaining what we do, why we do it, where we are and where we are heading.
- We strive for continuous improvement – knowing that small steps are progress, even as we embrace the longer-term view.
- We work collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes.
- We recognise and respect the intrinsic dignity of all.
The objectives of the RSPCA in Australia are:
- To prevent cruelty to animals by ensuring the enforcement of existing laws at federal and state level.
- To procure the passage of such amending or new legislation as is necessary for the protection of animals.
- To develop and promote policies for the humane treatment of animals that reflect contemporary values and scientific knowledge.
- To educate the community with regard to the humane treatment of animals.
- To engage with relevant stakeholders to improve animal welfare.
- To sustain an intelligent public opinion regarding animal welfare.
- To operate facilities for the care and protection of animals.