←Go back to RSPCA

RSPCA Australia knowledgebase

RSPCA Australia Knowledgebase

Search:     Advanced search

Who should I contact about injured wildlife?

Article ID: 127
Last updated: 03 Jan, 2017
Revision: 22
Views: 209311
If you find a sick or injured wild animal, contact your nearest veterinarian or wildlife carer organisation as soon as possible so that it may receive appropriate treatment.  Wild animals become stressed by handling, so you should seek expert advice before handling an injured animal. Try to minimise the amount of exposure the injured animal has to people and loud noises. Do not attempt to feed or treat it unless you have specialist knowledge or training.
Contact details for injured wildlife are:

Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales

Northern Territory - contact www.wildcarent.org.au or www.darwin.nt.gov.au/live/animals-and-pets/injured-wildlife

Queensland - contact RSPCA Queensland or the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service on 1300 130 372

South Australia - contact RSPCA SA on 1300 477 722 or www.faunarescue.org.au

Tasmania - contact the Wildlife Management Branch on 1300 827 727 or dpipwe.tas.gov.au/wildlife-management/management-of-wildlife.

Victoria - contact Wildlife Victoria on 1300 094 535 www.wildlifevictoria.org.au

Western Australia - contact Wildcare on 08 9474 9055 http://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/wildcare-helpline

This website provides general information which must not be relied upon or regarded as a substitute for specific professional advice, including veterinary advice. We make no warranties that the website is accurate or suitable for a person's unique circumstances and provide the website on the basis that all persons accessing the website responsibly assess the relevance and accuracy of its content.
Also read
document I've found an injured or abandoned bird, what should I do?
document How can I help wildlife during a heatwave?

Prev   Next
I've found an injured or abandoned bird, what should I do?     Whales and dolphins