←Go back to RSPCA

RSPCA Australia knowledgebase

RSPCA Australia Knowledgebase

Search:     Advanced search

Who do I contact if I need to change my contact details with my pet's microchip registry database?

Article ID: 67
Last updated: 10 Oct, 2018
Revision: 4
print  Print
share  Share
Views: 196984

The easiest way to change your contact details is to search http://www.petaddress.com.au/ using your pet’s microchip number.  Petaddress will redirect you to the database that lists your pet’s microchip number so that you may contact them directly.  Some registries provide Change of Address forms on their websites. 

If you cannot find your pet’s registry by searching on petaddress please contact your vet or microchip implanter to find out which database your pet is listed in.If you are in NSW and cannot find your pet's registry on petaddress try contacting the NSW registry -the NSW Companion Animal Registry. If you are in SA and cannot find your pet's registry on petaddress try contacting the SA registry - Dogs and Cats Online.

Currently there are 5 private microchip registries and 2 state government registries (SA and NSW):

  1. Australasian Animal Registry
  2. Central Animal Records
  3. Petsafe
  4. HomeSafeID
  5. Global Micro
  6. NSW government registry - the NSW Companion Animal Registry
  7. SA government registry - Dogs and Cats Online (DACO)

This article was:  

Also read
folder How can I help my cat adjust to a new home?
folder Is microchipping mandatory for cats and dogs?
folder Why is it important to ensure my pet is microchipped?

Also listed in
folder Companion animals -> Cats -> Microchipping
folder Companion animals -> Dogs -> Microchipping

Prev     Next
Microchipping       House and garden dangers